Every business is unique, metrics need to be tailored to the company to reflect the company’s unique goals, context and challenges. That said, there are certain metrics which should be monitored as a minimum by any business. These essential metrics are all aimed at ensuring the owners of the BAM company are able to answer for themselves the key questions:
- Are we doing what we set out to do?
- Are we being responsive to God’s call and the Spirit’s leading?
- Do we have the cash we need to operate and meet our commitments and is it likely that we will continue to be solvent in the coming year?
- Are we being good stewards of the money that has been invested with us?
- Are we caring for and developing our employees?
- Are we damaging or helping the environment?
Not every business needs dozens of charts and numbers to answer these questions. In many cases the answers will be obvious. However, a few carefully selected, measured and reported metrics can help bring clarity. The following list contains recommendations for how to cover these questions. Read more