Economic Justice in a Flat World
A Christian Perspective
Globalization may be the most hotly debated issue surrounding poverty. The benefits and costs of global economic integration are critical and complex.
- Is a globalized, free-market economy part of the solution to economic injustice or part of the problem?
- Are the international monetary systems pursuing policies that will reduce poverty or are they serving the interests of the wealthy?
- What do pro-poor policy reforms look like in the areas of trade and foreign investment?
- What kinds of immigration restrictions or reforms are consistent with the Christian faith?
- Should development aid be awarded only to well-governed, democratic countries?
- Would unrestrained economic growth imply environmental destruction?
Economic Justice assembles leading economists to debate these and other issues surrounding globalization’s effects on the poor. Writers urge an informed church to help identify the essentials of a Christian perspective on the societal, environmental and economic implications of globalization and to live accordingly.